VP of Engineering
At MyMeds, we strive to improve health at scale. We come from a variety of backgrounds spanning health care, health tech, finance, retail, and more, but together we share a passion for bringing real change to a very broken system.
This position is with the MyMeds Product team, whose motto is to not just create solutions but solve real problems with measurable outcomes.
Our technologies include:
• Java, React, Spring MVC
• RESTful Web Services
• MySQL database
• Apache Tomcat
• Migrating to AWS in summer 2018
In this role, you will provide leadership and technical guidance to take the existing systems and applications to the next level as our business undergoes high growth. Over time, you will thoughtfully hire great engineers who complement the existing team while leading the execution of projects with various stakeholders in Engineering and Design. You’ll have wanted to keep your coding skills sharp (particularly in Java) while bringing an unwavering passion for managing the dynamics of a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate is someone who has:
• 7+ years of relevant engineering work experience
• 4+ hands-on technical management experience
• Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of high-scale applications
• A track record of building incredible engineering teams
• Actively coached and mentored fellow engineers
• Consistently made culture choices that have positively impacted their teams
• Contributed to open-source or other side projects
• Earned a BS / MS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, relevant work experience)
• Wished to embrace a culture of ping pong, board games, retro NES gaming, and working
within 6 blocks of 6 breweries